06 February 2008

I am back

I think so anyway. It has been one hell of a week. I ask you to bear with me as my post may take an unusual turn from what i usually write. As you know my whole focus this last week was the loss of my wife. It is amazing what you can achieve when you have no ther choices. I was pretty much on Auto-Pilot for most of it.

I would like to thank my Parents and my Brother for coming to the house and helping me out through all of this. Without them it would have been impossible to get through it.

Out of all of this i have learned several things. I have learned that i have more friends than i thought and that Family is the most important thing. I have also learned that Power percieved is Power achieved. Meaning if you can visualize it, you can do it.

I also learned that a casket to me is the symbol of finality. Everything i went through didn't seem real until i saw her laying in that casket. The service was beautiful with more flowers than i have ever seen. It took two vans to haul the flowers. There was a huge turnout and she would have been shocked at how many people were there.

The Knights of Columbus that i belong to were awesome. They were the Pallbearers and took care of all the little things for me. They were great. Thank you Brothers.

She was laid to rest within 20 feet of her sister in Odessa TX. Not the best place in the world but she is with family.

Everyone i talk to seems to be concerned with how i am doing. I have my Dad to thank for this i think. You see, before i married Ruth i was what some would call a Hoodlum. I lived in the bars and that was the rough and tough lifestyle i liked. Ruth took me out of all that and helped to refine me a little bit. Dad is worried i will go back to my old ways. Don't worry Pop, i will stay on the right path.

The other day i was driving around just listening to the radio. A Garth Brooks song came on and i had to pull over to the side of the road. That song seemed to nail how i was feeling. If your interested the song is called "One night a day"

Peace out and i will talk to you later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you, Ray.

Gay_Cynic said...

God bless and keep you in this difficult time.

canivalpo said...

glad to have you back and glad to see that you're still you.