31 January 2008

The Dynamics of Life

I once wrote a post that all Love ends in Heart ache. The person you Love either dies or leaves you. I have experienced that heartache. I came home from work on Tuesday night, 1-29-08, and found my wife had passed away. I have to tell you that at that exact moment, i felt my life shift course to a different heading.

Everyone ask me how i feel and how am i doing. How i feel is simple. I feel like a lost a major piece of my soul. It is an empty lonely feeling. How am i doing? About as good as could be expected i reckon.

Making the funeral arrangements wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. Actually it was easier than i thought. Just time consuming. I did loose it when i went through her closet to pick out her clothes and her jewelery box for her jewelery. That was probably the hardest.

I find myself pacing a lot. The dogs sit at the door and wait patiently for her return. I find myself standing there looking for I don't know what.

Her Obit can be viewed at www.npwelch.com

5 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

God Ray, I'm so sorry.

I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Man oh man. No words fit and sorry seems so insubstantial.

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Ray--

Words from me won't help. You have my prayers.

MC

Anonymous said...

I had no idea. I'll be praying for you, Ray.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Guys. Mostly Cajun, John is here and he helped a lot. We buried her today so tonight isn't looking to good. Thanks for your prayers.

Ray