01 January 2008

The Holidays are over

I must say it is bitter-sweet. I love the atmosphere around Christmas time. We had a rough Christmas this year. It was mostly the wife and I with a funeral thrown in. I can honestly say that this is one Christmas i will not forget.

I took down the exterior lights today and stowed everthing away in the shed. Everytime i take down the lights i start feeling a little sad that Christmas is over.

Last night the wife and I decided to spend the evening with us. I got home from Father-in-laws house around 1900 and we cooked a ham. My buddy gave me a ham from Larry's Speciality Meats in Odessa. It was by far the best ham i ever ate. A honey glazed ham smoked on mesquit. It was quite nice. Thanks for the Ham Ricky.

Lat night i decided to make a New Year's resolution. I looked at the wife and said Honey, i think we should resolve to never go to sleep horny. Apparently i am a deranged individual who places too much value on sex. Damn, i thought i was just normal. She said that she may not be in the mood and shouldn't be obligated. I replied that it didn't always have to be her. Well, wrong answer.

I have the ham bone and ham remenants simmering and i'll soon add the split peas. Split pea soup is a tradition here. Ya'll have a Happy New Year and may your lifes be Blessed.

No comments: