12 March 2007

Castration, will it work?

I was talking with a friend this weekend and we started talking about sex offenders. Obviously the both of us do not like sex offenders and the conversation turned to how do we deal with them. She said we should castrate them.

Well i guess that is a women's point of view. Maybe we should deal with nagging women by sewing their lips shut. Doesn't seem to be a very effective way to solve the problem.

Here is my dilemma. I had a mutt dog named Fat Frank. Frank was an awesome little dog except for the fact that he was a Mack Daddy. He banged more bitches in my neighborhood than any other dog. I decided to fix this problem and took him to the Vet to have him castrated. Although this solved the increasing puppy population at my house it didn't stop his desire to hump anything that moved.

Now a dog's brain is not nearly as complicated as a humans brain. If we castrate these people it may or may not stop the desire to molest. If they still have the desire their sexual organ still functions and they can continue to molest children. A lot of people do not fully understand sex. This is part of the problem. For the most part people seek a sex partner for more than just the physical part of sex. The orgasm is just the release of sexual energy. Sex is really the 20-30 minutes prior to the orgasm. On this train of thought the sex offender is not looking for the release as much as they have a desire to be with the child. To castrate this person will not solve the problem. These people have a distorted sense of right and wrong and that is what has to be corrected. The problem is that i do not believe that it can be corrected.

In America we are too caught up in being politically correct. Criminals know that the punishments are not that bad. We need to fix this. Texas is trying to pass a law that a repeat offender may receive the death penalty. This doesn't solve anything. The Sate of Texas needs to relax it laws for the Father or Brother of this child who seeks revenge on the sex offender. Let the family decide how to deal with the offender. I say lock them up on the first offense and keep them locked up.

2 comments:

canivalpo said...

OK....Maybe I should clarify what I meant. Castration is too, too easy. --and the sewing the lips part is very undo-able. Let's talk about do-able....If a sex offender's mind is warped because--let's say--they were maybe molested as a child and just acting out on a sick instinct that they can't distinguish as right or wrong, then do you feel sorry for that person because of a rough childhood or to you say "the hell with him, let him become someone's bitch in lock up or maybe he'll be taken care of in lock up--permanently"? Either way that doesn't stop the desire or help the person rehabilitate. But might I suggest something along the lines of a painful nature and a permanent one...oh let's say ball snipping or pecker trimming or lobotomy.....all very irreversible. So why do you think that wouldn't work? Do you feel sorry for the guy. It's not like he's asking to be forgiven especially the one that regresses time and time again because of our lack of--balls--stabilty in our judicial system.
You're right a castration doesn't stop them from the desire. We can't euthanize because it's just immoral--not like he did anything immoral when he had the desire to strip an innocent life of their worth--we can't murder because it's wrong--we can't torture him (although I think I'd enjoy it[I tell you the CIA should hire me--I'd find that peace of trash over in the middle east for em...trust me, I would] but become a headcase myself). So....damn...I have to go...visitation. Hold that comment I'll be back!!

Anonymous said...

Rehabilitation does not work. I can not recall any child molester that has done it only once. I do not think it has to do with what happened to them as a child. They are an adult and they know right from wrong. They must learn to control that desire and if they can not control it they must be controled themselves. When i am driving and some idiot pisses me off i must control my desire to runthem off the road. It really works just like that. Lock them all up.