22 March 2007

Castle Doctrine

I was over at Lawdogs blog the other day reading this post http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2007/03/meditations-on-honour.html

His post makes a lot of sense. Now the Castle Doctrine has passed the House and Senate and is waiting for Governor Perry to sign it. Governor Perry is expected to sign it.

The Castle Doctrine simply states that if it is proven that you used deadly force in accordance with Texas State Law you can not face criminal prosecution or civil lawsuits. This bill was definitely designed to protect law abiding citizens.

Now back to Lawdog's post, he talks about honor. If you are ever in a situation where you must use deadly force to protect yourself or your family, please have honor. Once you pull that trigger there are no take backs. A bullet to the head is permanent. If you decide you must kill someone make sure you made the right decision. Deadly force is a last resort.

I hear people talking about how if they catch someone in their house they will smoke them. I hope they are just bragging. I would hate to think that there are people hoping to shoot someone. Don't get me wrong, i am not against self defense. I am for someone making an educated decision before dropping the hammer on someone.

Criminals beware, if you get your butt capped for breaking into someone's house your family can not sue the victim for protecting himself. I am glad to see this law passed. Hopefully it will help deter crime. I doubt if it will b ut one can always hope.

No comments: