03 August 2010

Pissing off the layity

Last night after a meeting we were enjoying a light snack. My Priest and a few other Brother Knights and I had gathered around the table and were just chatting. The conversation turned to the war. Everyone had their opinions and I, being the conservative type, just kept to myself.

Eventually someone asked my opinion and that is when the conversation turned interesting. I explained that the mess we have over there is what happens when politicians run a war instead of the Generals and Admirals. War is the worst case scenario. When one is committed to a war, that country must do EVERYTHING in its power to win. I understand that innocent people will die, that is the nature of war. Our job is to terminate everyone that is the enemy or harboring the enemy.

The looks i got were of shock. I was asked if i condone the killing of innocent women and children. I said i don't think we need to go out and hunt women and children but they will die in a war. It is a fact that must be accepted. If it requires to take out a family to terminate a high level target, shit happens. Take them down.

The object is to win. Not win hearts and minds of the people who live in the country we are bombing. They are going to hate us anyway. It may be tragic but it is a fact of war.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

War under remote control by politicians and profit-seeking munition manufacturers. Trying to win the hearts of the locals, women and children involved in and getting killed in combat. Being called "baby killers" and the like. It's déjà vu all over again! Don't look now Ray, but you are accurately describing my war ... in Vietnam.