27 July 2008

Theology, from a redneck's point of view

I know that people are trying to be helpful but i really don't want to hear " It's God's Plan" one more time. It is not God's plan. It is biology.

I am going to give some free advice. If you talk with someone who has lost a loved one, don't offer any insight such as " They are in Heaven now" or " Its God's Plan" or anything like that. Just say you will keep them in your prayers. Trust me, they will appreciate it later.

To my understanding God's plan is simple. To put Him before all else and to love our brother. That is His plan. All this suffering and disease that is with us today is a result of our actions. Humanity brought this on. God's plan was for Adam and Eve to live blissfully in the Garden of Eden but they blew it with their actions.

God doesn't will for children to born with handicaps or for abortionist to kill unborn children. These things happen because of results of our actions. We have a free will and with this free will comes great responsibility. Look at out laws and it seems we have abused this responsibility.

I don't blame anyone for Ruth's death, especially God. I know that death is a part of life. Everyone will die. We will all eventually pass through the door of death. That is inevitable. We need to understand this concept.

I don't like it, but it is reality. To sit back and call it His plan would be a cop out on my part. I have to accept death and move on with my life. Sure sounds easy don't it. I wish it was as easy as it sounds.

When you meet someone struggling with life, don't say it is God's plan. God wanted nothing but happiness for us. Just accept that these struggles are a part of life and they form our character. Death comes to all of us though we do not know when where or how, but it comes. The sooner we all understand this, the sooner we can start loving one another and quit blaming some plan for our downfalls.

Peace.

No comments: