15 July 2007

Status Symbol

Today i flew into Houston Hobby Airport. I was amazed at what i went thru to fly. I remember back in the 80's, the first time i flew. It was a status symbol. It amazed a lot of people in my small hometown in Southwest Louisiana that i flew to Italy. Everyone wanted to know what it was like and if i enjoyed it. Flying used be something. The first time i flew First Class was from Corpus Christi to New Orleans. I felt like the cat's pajamas, i was Senior Big Shits.

Today when i flew i felt like i was riding the bus. The TSA treats everyone like they are the lowest form of life. Like i should be happy their overweight fat ass is there to stop Osama from killing me. Naturally, my being 6'5" tall, they have to search me. I told them today that i was honored for the TSA to think i am such a bad ass that i can overtake a 737 with a pair of tweezers and 3.4oz of liquid, but i must admit that not one plane involved in 911 was overtaken by a 6'5" redneck.

It just upsets me to think that i am paying $500 for a plane ticket and then be treated like a lowlife just to board the plane. Actually it pisses me off. I have a solution though, when you get your boarding pass, issue everyone a baseball bat. A plane with all passengers armed with ball bats could and would eliminate all rag heads from taking over the plane ever again. I think it will work.

Hell, what there doing now doesn't work. At least my idea has promise.

No comments: