06 July 2007

It scares me to think about it

This morning i got up early to stop at Whataburger to pick up some Breakfast on a bun. You see i had an inventory audit and i like to feed my auditors. While waiting for my order i was watching the two guys in the back preparing the food. Then i got scared.

You see out here in the oil patch we are suffering from a labor shortage. Anyone who can show up for work and pass a drug test can start work tomorrow making $13 - $21 per hour. We can not find enough people to staff up properly. So i got to thinking, why are these two guys making hamburgers when they can be knocking down some serious jank.

The answer was obvious. They can not pass a drug screen or they really don't want to work. If they fall into either category, do i want them handling my food? i must admit that they were not the cream of the crop. They seemed to be a little pissy about being there.

Now i started looking at all the food workers and i question if i really want to continue eating out. I wish that thought had never crossed my mind. Damn.

No comments: