26 June 2015

Been a while

It has been a while since i posted to this blog. As a matter of fact, it has been so long that i had to find the sign on information.

It seems that Face book seems to be dominating the social media scene and i fell into that trap as well. I don't really write much on my Face book but i do like to see what other people are doing. It did allow myself and a bunch of my old shipmates to reunite and stay in touch.

One thing i have noticed about social media is that it is destroying social contact. Back in the day, if a friend had an issue, they would contact their friends and they would find a solution for the issue. Now it seems that people post their issue on line and everyone chimes in saying they will pray for them. Although prayer is a powerful tool, sometimes human intervention is necessary. Social media seems to have done away with the human intervention.

So what should we as a society do to solve this problem? Do we need to start talking to our frinds again the old way and get off the Face book?

I don't really have an answer but i will try to make myself more available for human contact anytime i sense a friend of mine needs help.

No comments: