27 November 2007

Tasered in Utah

I was watching the news last night and another Police Officer tased a fellow in Utah. According to the video tape on the Cop's car, he refused to sighn the ticket and the officer told him to step out of the vehicle. The guy walked around to the back of the car, told the cop he was wrong, stuck his hands in his pockets and started walking back to his vehicle. Homeboy got tasered.

Now i wasn't there and don't know what happened. Here is what i do know. I have been stopped for speeding many many times. I have been asked to get out of my vehicle exactly zero times. I have found that if you are respectful with the officer, he will be respectful to you. Why do these knuckleheads end up tasered?

Hell if i know, nor do i really care. I have found that most people who get arrested or tasered had it coming. I am sure that there may be a few trigger or arrest happy Cops out there but i haven't run into them. Most that i have ever encountered where pretty cool. As a matter of fact about 3 weeks ago i was at my neighbors party and the Cops got called on us. Two officers come out and they were very nice. They asked us to turn down the music and contain the party to the house or backyard. No one got arrested or tasered. Funny how a little respect and courtesy goes a long way.

No comments: