11 June 2007

What is in a name?

This weekend i was sitting in the garage drinking a beer and watching it rain. It was very tranquil and my mind started drifting as it usually does. For what ever reason it popped into my head that i have never seen a good looking person named Bertha or Ottis.

I also realized that i have never seen an ugly person named Mercedes, Candy or Paris. This got me to wondering of we grow into our names.

Have you ever met a Doctor named Bubba or Billy Bob? When you hear those names you think of Beer swilling rednecks. So i started thinking of people i know or have met and found some really weird similarities.

Names with a J in it, like Jack or Jake are usually strong willed type people.

Names with a K in it like Nick, Frank or Mark are usually easy going get along with everyone types.

Charles, Robert and William are names you usually see with distinction or sophistication.

Ray or Raymond is associated with tall good looking men.

Cody and Aaron remind me of rednecks who drink fancy beer trying not to be a redneck.

I know a few people named Billy and they are all smart asses and mean spirited folks. They might like to make little boys pee on electric fences.

Anyone i know named Steve is quite and shy and doesn't want to stand out.

Think of any women you know named Carmen. What comes to mind? Pushy?

Think about your friends and their names. You will start to notice similarities as well. Have fun with it and keep on thinking.

4 comments:

canivalpo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
canivalpo said...

when I think of a tall--6 foot plus, annoyingly honest, man stuck in an Impala--excuse me wearing an Impala--I start to think....
FUCKIN COON-ASS SHIT HEAD!!!
You knew that would piss me off didn't ya?!?!
Pushy??? SHIT!!

Ray said...

Judging by the comment you left i would guess that your the type with a limited vocabulary. If you look up Pushy in the dictionary i am sure you will see your picture. Now shut up and accept the truth for what it is.

canivalpo said...

SHIT HEAD!! I'D SHOW YOU SOME VOCABULARY BUT THERE'S NOT ENOUGH ROOM ON THIS DAMN BLOG!!
I'M NOT PUSHY...JUST BITCHY..AND HONESTLY BITCHY!!! THERE'S A BIG DIFFERENCE!!
NOW...have a nice day :-)