06 June 2007

Secret of a happy marriage

A couple was celebrating their golden wedding anniversary on the beach in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Their domestic tranquility had long been the talk of the town.

"What a peaceful & loving couple."A local newspaper reporter was inquiring as to thesecret of their long & happy marriage. "Well, it dates back to ourhoneymoon in America," explained the man.

"We visited the Grand Canyon in Arizona & took a trip down to the bottom of the canyon by horse. We hadn't gone too far when my wife's horse stumbled and she almost fell off. My wife looked down at the horse & quietly said, 'That's once.'"

"We proceeded a little further & the horse stumbled again, this time causing her to drop her water. Once more my wife quietly said, 'That's twice.'

"We hadn't gone a half-mile when the horse stumbled for a 3rd time. My wife quietly removed a revolver from her purse & shot the horse dead.I shouted at her, "What's wrong with you, woman! Whydid you shoot the poor animal like that? Are you crazy??"

"She looked at me, & quietly said, 'That's once.' ""And, from that moment, we have lived happily ever after."

No comments: