21 May 2007

My turn to weigh in on Immigration

You know for the last year we have been listening to everyone complain about immigration. Right now it is believed that there are 12 million undocumented illegals in our country. That in itself is mind blowing. 12 million illegal Mexicans in our country. Here is my question, would we allow 12 million of any other country of origin to do this? Would we allow 12 million Cubans? Haitians? French? Then why do we allow this to happen?

I have listened to the Catholic Bishops and politicians voice there opinion. I agree that Mexico is probably a terrible place to live. Most Mexicans living there who want to come here are probably hard working people who want to contribute but that is not the point.

The point is we are a Nation of Laws. That is what makes this Republic so great. When a country is not governed by Laws, it will fall apart and implode. We have laws addressing immigration into our country. We do not need new laws, we need to enforce the laws we have. It doesn't matter why you come here but you must follow the law.

I understand that families are torn apart by our immigration laws but the family is torn apart because someone broke the law and entered my country illegally. This problem does not fall on my shoulders. Get back across the border and your family is back together. Problem solved.

If we enforce our laws and kick all the illegals out and then let them come back legally, we will not go into crisis mode like the left would like you to think. We welcome anyone here but you must follow the rules. When a person is naturalized they must swear allegiance to our Constitution. They are not allowed to fly their country's flag. When you are naturalized you are an American. How can i be expected to support people who are putting their heritage before mine?

In the end, if we do not do something ASAP about the open Mexican border, we are going to die from the inside out. How can a Nation of laws turn the other cheek for some and not for all?

I have been called a racist for my thoughts on this. That blows my mind. I am not racist. I do not like criminals. If you are here illegally, then you are a criminal. It really bugs me that the government will not put a stop to this.

It is plain and simply trespassing. If we allow them to trespass what else will we allow them to do? It is a gateway crime. They need to take the gloves off the Border Patrol agents and let them have at them. If a criminal is running from them, chase them down and do what must be done to stop them. If a few of them get hurt in the process, too bad. You shouldn't have been breaking the law. I have the right to live in a city where the criminals are behind bars. Lock them up. Just do something.

No comments: