04 October 2007

A long day

Yesterday i was privileged to drive from Odessa TX to Weatherford TX to give a presentation for about 1 hour and have lunch with a customer. All told i logged 586 miles. That makes for a long long day.

As i was leaving Weatherford, i passed a Burger King that had a sign out front that read " Management Positions Open"

This got me to wondering what kind of employees they have if out of the 20 or so employees there, none of them are good enough to manage the store. I decided that i would mark that particular BK as one i will not frequent.

On another note, my Lakota Project is progressing. I re-built the carb and it is running great. 2 of the 4 jets in the carb was clogged so that explained why it ran crappy. I have to change the head gasket. I have one ordered and will change it this weekend. A friend of mine gave me a front and rear rack off of a Polaris so with a few minor modifications it fit the Lakota. I had to weld on a few brackets but it will work.

Next Friday begins Hell Week at the lease. We will all meet up Friday afternoon at the lease and commission hell week 2007 with a butt load of beer. We use hell week to test our equipment. We figure that anything that survives a week with us at the lease, is a quality product. Last year we destroyed the front ends in my Uncle's Jeep and in my scout. Hopefully we will not tear up anything this year.

No comments: