24 August 2007

Forgive your enemies

Sunday's sermon was---Forgive Your Enemies
Toward the end of the service, the Minister asked, "How many of you
have forgiven your enemies?" 80% held up their hands. The Minister then
repeated his question. All responded this time, except one small
elderly Lady.

"Mrs. Jones? Are you not willing to forgive your enemies?"

"I don't have any." She replied, smiling sweetly.

"Mrs. Jones, that is very unusual. How old are you?"

"Ninety-eight." she replied.

"Oh Mrs. Jones, would you please come down in front & tell us all how
a person can live ninety-eight years & not have an enemy in the world?"

The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle, faced the
congregation, and said: "I outlived the bitches."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgive me for my last comment

Ray said...

Too late.

canivalpo said...

Tat, tat, tat Ray. Remember the forgiveness. No ask and you ya'll receive here??
I know, I know you're gonna tell me that it's your blog and to go find my own.....miss yelling at ya.

canivalpo said...

oops..meant "ask and you shall receive"