07 April 2007

A funny but stupid story

When Lent rolled around i was in Lubbock helping out a friend of mine that was severely burned. I decided to give up alcohol for Lent. I was talking to my wife that night and she said NO. She said i become a pain in the butt when i can't have a few beers. She thought i should give up steak instead. So i did.

Fast forward to yesterday. The wife and i are shopping at Walmart and i grab a package of steaks. I say for tomorrow night. She nods and we are set for tomorrow.

Fast forward to today. It is 2030 hours with 2 inches of snow on the ground. I have been looking forward to this steak for so long that i actually went on the back porch and shoveled snow to clear the BBQ pit. The pit is warming up and i will have steak for dinner. Life is good.

2 comments:

canivalpo said...

ALTHOUGH LATE BUT SURELY WORTH IT. DID YOU ENJOY YOUR STEAK CHEATER? I can just see you fire up the pit and drooling over that BEEF,lol.
Hey is it alright if Nick calls you at 12:45 tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

Not to mention i was in my BVD's and flip flops.call me.