01 February 2007

Sporting Clays

Have you ever shot Sporting Clays? I went for the second time in my life this week. I have to tell you that it is pretty fun. I find that it is more exciting than Skeet or Trap. In skeet shooting you have two skeet houses. You push the button and skeet will come out of one of the two houses. You basically move around in 180 degrees and just change the angle at which the skeet approach you.

In sporting clays you have to have a golf cart or equivalent to move around the range. The range will have anywhere from 10 to 30 stations. At each station you will shoot 8-10 times at true pairs or repeating pairs. The skeet are launched from every possible angle you could think of. Out of 100 shots i scored a 51. Not very good. It was windy and cold when we went and one of the guys i was with is a pretty darn good shot. We show up and i am shooting my favorite Remington 1100 and my buddy has a $5,000 over under shotgun. I new from the start i was about to receive a butt whipping. I guess that high dollar shotguns pays for itself. After all he shot a 72.

It cost $30 a head to shoot and then the cost of 100 rounds of shells. I tell you if you think your a good shot go try it sometime. I am pretty good with a rifle or pistol but i am not that good of a wing man. Here is where we were shooting at
www.windwalkerss.com

1 comment:

Ricky said...

If you think sporting clays in fun, you will love "5-stand". You stand at one of five posts and shoot out into an arena. There are 7 stations. You shoot twice at one, the next is a true pair, and then a reporting pair. After you shoot all of those, you change stations. Ultimately, you will shoot at all 5 stations allowing a possible score of 25.