16 July 2007

Interesting Day

Today i found out that i have an Assimilative Learning Process. That means that as an instructor i will train in an Assimilative manner. An assimilative person is one who prefers to learn it in theory and then hands on. They prefer to gather all the facts up and then deduce an answer. One answer does not fill all of us. Our instructor said that most former military types are Assimilative and we prescribe to the boot to ass technique. We prefer logic over feelings. Well Duh, no surprise there.

Hopefully i can learn to instruct effectively to all 4 types of learners and become a better instructor. Only time will tell.

I must admit that i am not a Teacher. A Teacher teaches students how to learn. I am an instructor. I instruct on a prescribed content, typically a technical subject. I do not want to be a teacher. I prefer being specialized in my craft and educating an apprentice to become a craftsman.

My sister-in-law is a Teacher. It is definitely an admirable trade, but i do not have the temperament for it. I prefer dealing with adults that have bills to pay as opposed to kids who just want to graduate. My hats off to you Cheryl.